Rooting guide for Lenovo vibe K5 Note
Lenovo K5 Note Root – Recently Lenovo launched the new Smartphone Vibe K5 Note in India. And the official TWRP and Root Access is already out there. If you want flash new roms and custom files on Vibe K5 Note, then you need a root access first in order to do such cool stuffs with your phone. Here we are with a tutorial with screenshots on How to Root Lenovo Vibe K5 Note and install custom TWRP recovery on it.
Why Rooting Required
Able to install custom Roms on Lenovo Vibe K5 Note and explore new features.
Increase performance of your device by tweaking kernel and overclocking device.
Increase performance by hibernating battery consuming apps using apps like greenify..
Increase performance by uninstalling ram-hogging inbuilt apps.
Rooting will void Lenovo Vibe K5 Note warranty. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Please follow the all steps carefully
Make sure you have 70% charge or more.
Required files to root and install TWRP on Lenovo Vibe K5 Note:
Minimal ADB tool – Download here
TWRP Recover for k5 Note- Go to official TWRP page and download twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img file for your Lenovo K5 Note.
SuperSu.zip for Lenovo Vibe k5 Note form chainfire.
Steps to Root Lenovo Vibe K5 Note and Install TWRP recovery
- First enable the USB debugging option in Vibe K5 Note.
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make the developer options active for that go to your Settings -> About Phone -> now tap the build number 7-8 times until you see a message ‘you are now a developer’.
- Now as we have enabled developer options, go back to Settings-> developer options -> and now enable USB debugging also enable OEM unlock.
- Now go to folder where you installed the adb and by holding the Shift Key, right-click on any blank space and select Open command window here.
- Now connect the Lenovo Vibe K5 Note to Pc/Laptop using USB.
- Now we need to reboot phone into fastboot mode by typing the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will reboot into fastboot mode. If it doesn’t, check if your USB cable is connected properly and you have drivers installed properly. You can check a list of connected device by typing the following command.
- Now we need to flash the TWRP Recovery. To start flashing the recovery, type the following command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
That’s it! You have installed TWRP recovery on Lenovo Vibe K5 Note.
How to Root Lenovo Vibe K5 Note using TWRP Recovery
- Move SuperSu.zip to root of your phone’s internal memory. (By root I mean not in any folder just enter into your internal storage and place the file there and not in any folder.)
- Boot Lenovo Vibe K5 Note in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+ Power button simultaneously.
- Now first make a Backup of all data using TWRP.
- After that in TWRP click on Install menu and select the SuperSu.zip file you placed in root of internal storage to root device. Now swipe to install SuperSu.zip.
- That’s it you have rooted and installed TWRP recovery on your Lenovo Vibe K5 Note. You can check your device by Root Checker if root access is working properly
This was complete guide on How to Root Lenovo Vibe K5 Note and Install TWRP on it. If need any support or if any questions let me know in comments below