OnePlus 3T is an amazing smartphone which was launched a few months ago after success of OnePlus 3. The smartphone comes with 64/128GB of internal storage and a 6GB of huge RAM (Random Access Memory) for a lag free performance. The OnePlus 3T is packed with 16MP of camera to take awesome pictures to capture all memorable moments anytime & anywhere.
The smartphone is fully loaded with all smartphone features and runs on Marshmallow – Android 6.0. the company is also planning for their nex5t update of android 7.0 Nougat. There is still lots of thing which you can improve my Root OnePlus 3T. You can customize many things after rooting the android device.
How to Root OnePlus 3T?
OnePlus isn’t that company who puts lots of restriction on their smartphone for Root. You can root your android smartphone easily because it is coming with CynogenMod as the main OS. Please follow the below given instruction carefully to root the OnePlus 3T.
- ADB and Fastboot Installation
- Unlocking Bootloader
- Flash TWRP Recovery
- Download TWRP Recovery and save it to your desktop. TWRP Recovery (Download the latest version available)
ADB and Fastboot Installation
Before going next please download the ADB for Windows from here: – ADB Setup
- Go to the download folder and run the .exe file as Administrator.
- Press Key ‘Y’ every time the installer asks for.
- Continue Driver Installation.
Now, ADB and Fastboot have been installed on your PC. Great!
- The first step is Turn off the phone. Then boot it into fastboot mode by holding volume up + power. The phone will display “fastboot” text indicating that it has successfully entered fastboot mode.
- Plug your phone into your PC via data cable, then open a command prompt window on the desktop (Shift + Right Click -> Open Command Window here) and type: –
- This command will show you the list of all connected devices. If your phones serial number shows up, you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your device is not connected properly or your device drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue you must fix your drivers issue so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- If the phone has been recognized by the command above, proceed to unlocking the bootloader with the following command:
Note: This command will wipe your all data. Please take backup before doing anything.
fastboot oem unlock
- You would be greeted with an Unlock Bootloader Warning page, hit the volume button to select Yes and turn it blue and Hit the Power Button to execute the selection
- if your device reboot, show you a Secure boot warning, reboot into stock recovery and wipe all data. Once done, your phone will reboot into the OS Continue to the next step to install Custom Recovery …
Flash a Custom TWRP Recovery on the OnePlus 3T
- Go to the setting menu of your smartphone and find about phone on the setting menu. Tap on about phone and then find build number and tap 7 time to unlock the developer mode.
- Now go to newly updated menu in your phone setting, Menu>Setting>Devloper option> and turn on USB debugging
- Select and enable OEM unlocking and advance reboot option
- Connect your device to the pc and copy SuperSu.zip file into your internal storage from your desktop.
- Also move No-verify file into internal storage.
- Turn off your device and Reboot into the Fastboot mode by holding volume down and power key together.
- And again plug your device with PC via USB Cable.
- Copy TWRP Recovery.img file from desktop to C:/ drive of your pc
- Rename the recovery file and enter recovery.img as a new name of file “make sure it’s not recovery.img.img”
- Open adb folder and open command promote by press and hold Shift key and right click anywhere, now select open command window here.
- Type the following code and hit the enter button
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Wait for the flashing and do not reboot your device. Instead, use the following command to boot directly into the recovery mode to then flash SuperSU to gain root.
fastboot boot recovery.img
Done! Your device should boot into the TWRP Recovery mode. Now follow the below given steps to flash SuperSU to get root access on your OnePlus 3T.
Rooting Guide for OnePlus 3T
- After you enter in TWRP Recovery, you’ll be asked if you’d like to allow system modifications. Swipe to the right and allow it to do that.
- Tap on Install button of main menu.
- Navigate to internal storage of your phone and select No-Verify.zip to install
- Swipe to confirm flashing.
- Wipe and format data on the next screen
- Wait till the process done
- Again Tap on install button and navigate to the internal storage of your phone and select SuperSU.zip file and install
- Then flashing done, reboot your device by tapping on reboot button.
This is the complete guide for rooting OnePlus 3T, enjoy the root access.
How to Root the OnePlus 3T without PC?
Don’t worry if you don’t have a computer or laptop you can still root your device without PC! By following bellow given steps.
Note: This method is not tested by me. But most of the time kingo root help users to root the android smartphone easily without pc.
- Download Kingo Root Apk and install into your device. You can also download this application on your computer and after that you can move via USB cable to your device’s internal storage.
- Also download the Super-Root apk into your device and install.
- Make sure that you are connected with strong internet connection. You can use Wi-Fi or LTE connection for that.
- Open Kingo Root App and Root your device.
- The Process will not take too much of time; it will take approx. 3-5 minutes.
- Once the rooting process completed. Reboot your device.
That’s it; you have successfully rooted your OnePlus 3T.
Note: By attempting any of the processes listed in this tutorial, you accept full responsibility for your actions. we will not be held responsible if your device stops working.
I will suggest you to don’t go next if you are confused anywhere in this guide. Please clarify your step first and then go next. Ask your questions below in the comment section.